Yes, we are thrilled. At least my circle of friends and some of my family are. The Democrats took the senate and have maintained control of it. And.. Obama won.
I heard Romney didn’t prepare a concession speech. Only a victory speech. Wow, talk about over confidence. But I don’t care. I am relieved. I am grateful. I don’t have to leave the country now. I really considered it, if Romney were elected, because I don’t trust him. He constantly changed his opinion and position.
I certainly don’t trust the Republican party. It has gone way too conservative and they are losing some of their own good people, because they feel they can’t get anything done.
But for today, we have Obama for the next four years to continue his work. No one could repair the disaster in only 4 years, that the Bush administration created in eight. And what a train-wreck it was, for anyone to walk into.
I hope he will be able to get things done now. I hope the two parties will come together for the good of the American people, not themselves. I hope these politicians can work together and leave us a legacy of good fortune, stability and hope.
For my oversea friends, I’d love to hear your thoughts about re-electing Obama. Do you like him ? I wonder how the rest of the world views him. Do you prefer one candidate over the other and if so, why ? Do you think you would benefit more from one candidate than the other ? Tell me, What are your thoughts and opinions ? We all would love to hear them
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Upload Once, Blog Anywhere: Photos from GoogleWouldn't it be great if you could browse, search, and insert photos from your Google account right to your blog posts and pages? Now you can.
- Simpler On-the-Go Publishing: Background Media Uploading for AndroidAdd an image to a post or page, or ten images, or a hundred -- you no longer have to wait around in the editor while your media uploads.
- Add A Simple Payment Button To Your WordPress.com Premium Or Business SiteWith our new PayPal integration, you can start selling in seconds.
- Better Blogging Through Podcasts: Announcing RadioPublic EmbedsWe love podcasts: they’re like the blogging version of radio, a medium anyone can jump into and use to share their story. They introduce us to new voices and give us glimpses into new perspectives… and they pair perfectly with blogs and websites, where they can add more texture and …
- An Updated Login Coming to the WordPress Mobile AppsLogging in to your site should be hassle-free, regardless of which device you're using.
- The WordPress.com Business Plan Now Supports Plugins and Third-Party ThemesGet access to email and social media tools, ecommerce, custom themes, and more.
- A Brand New Editor for the WordPress Mobile AppsNow that so many of us carry around tiny pocket-size computers, more and more of our Internet time happens on phones and tablets — not just browsing, but creating. You’ve been asking for a better publishing experience in the WordPress app to make mobile publishing smoother. Today we’re introducing a …
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,757 hits