Yes, we are thrilled. At least my circle of friends and some of my family are. The Democrats took the senate and have maintained control of it. And.. Obama won.
I heard Romney didn’t prepare a concession speech. Only a victory speech. Wow, talk about over confidence. But I don’t care. I am relieved. I am grateful. I don’t have to leave the country now. I really considered it, if Romney were elected, because I don’t trust him. He constantly changed his opinion and position.
I certainly don’t trust the Republican party. It has gone way too conservative and they are losing some of their own good people, because they feel they can’t get anything done.
But for today, we have Obama for the next four years to continue his work. No one could repair the disaster in only 4 years, that the Bush administration created in eight. And what a train-wreck it was, for anyone to walk into.
I hope he will be able to get things done now. I hope the two parties will come together for the good of the American people, not themselves. I hope these politicians can work together and leave us a legacy of good fortune, stability and hope.
For my oversea friends, I’d love to hear your thoughts about re-electing Obama. Do you like him ? I wonder how the rest of the world views him. Do you prefer one candidate over the other and if so, why ? Do you think you would benefit more from one candidate than the other ? Tell me, What are your thoughts and opinions ? We all would love to hear them
- Welcome Atavist! A Groundbreaking Publishing Platform Joins the WordPress.com FamilyLooking to the future of storytelling on WordPress.
- Bookmark Posts with Save For LaterNo time to read right now? No problem: save posts for when you do.
- Field Notes: WooCommerce Workshop for WomenThe Happiness Hiring team recently connected with WordPress communities in India and Singapore.
- New Privacy Features and Updated PoliciesWe’re rolling out updates to our privacy features and policies in the coming weeks. You’ll have more control over your personal information and more detail on what information we keep and what we do with it. The updates will also make sure we comply with new privacy laws, and will …
- Transfer Your Existing Domain to WordPress.comWhy not manage your website and your domain in one place?
- Find the Perfect Image with the Free Photo LibraryYou've got thousands of options to choose from right in your WordPress app.
- A Better Way to Find Your Next Domain NameFind the perfect domain name for your website with improved search and recommendation tools.
- Background Post and Media Uploading with WordPress for iOS 9.8Upload images and media in the background with WordPress for iOS 9.8
- The WordPress Mobile Apps Now Support Right-to-Left LanguagesNo matter what language you use on your site, you should be able to publish from any device.
- New and Improved iOS Sharing ExtensionsLearn how to share content from other apps on your iOS device.
- Welcome Atavist! A Groundbreaking Publishing Platform Joins the WordPress.com Family
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,806 hits