- PHP 7.4 Just Came Out, and So Did Our PHP Version SwitcherIf your site is on the Business or eCommerce plan, you can switch to the newest version of PHP today.
- A New Way to Earn Money on WordPress.comWith Recurring Payments, your supporters become your sustainers, and a reliable income stream frees you to push your creative boundaries.
- Join us in a Digital Climate StrikeThis September, millions will take to the streets to demand an end to the age of fossil fuels. Show your solidarity by displaying a digital climate strike banner for the month.
- WordPress.com and Fiverr Partner to Launch “WordPress.com Fundamentals” CourseLooking for a step-by-step video course on how to build a website? We've got you covered.
- When Experienced Women Engineers Look for New Jobs, They Prioritize Trust and GrowthAutomattic, WordPress.com's parent company, set out to learn how to boost applications from women and non-binary developers.
- The Second Edition of Our “Learn User Support” Workshop Is Open for SignupsStarting August 19, we'll offer another virtual course for women interested in a technical-support career.
- Four New WordPress.com Color SchemesWe’ve added four new color schemes to customize your WordPress.com dashboard!
- More Stats, Better Stats, Faster Stats: A Whole New Mobile ExperienceIf you’re like me, Stats is one of your most-visited screens in your WordPress app — we all want to know people are reading! Whether you use iOS or Android, the latest versions have Stat updates that bring you more useful data, faster. Updates to the layout, available statistics, and …
- Want to See a More Diverse WordPress Contributor Community? So Do We.More diverse speakers at WordCamps means a more diverse community contributing to WordPress -- and that results in better software for everyone.
- Celebrating Pride Month with WordPress.comHappy Pride Month! At Automattic, we strive to be a platform that democratizes publishing so that anyone can share their stories. This month is a great reminder for why we work hard to expand the open web.
- PHP 7.4 Just Came Out, and So Did Our PHP Version Switcher
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,869 hits
Monthly Archives: March 2013
I found out tonight a friend died. Do I use the term friend loosely ? No, he wasn’t someone I called or had lengthy discussions with on a regular basis. Or got together with often. He wasn’t someone I just said hello … Continue reading
Dating becomes very different after the age of forty plus. For the majority of us, we’ve already had a marriage or two. For those who haven’t, they’ve experienced their fair share of relationships, so by now, we’ve all been seasoned, … Continue reading