“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- Field Notes: An Event Apart Boston 2016Design Engineer Mel Choyce shares her experience after attending this empowering event.
- New Theme: RebalanceIntroducing Rebalance, a free theme for photographers, artists, and graphic designers.
- Introducing Blogging U. On DemandBecome a blogging pro or explore new creative frontiers with a Blogging U. course. Enroll any time, and get education, inspiration, and support when you need it!
- Coming Soon: New .Blog Domains for Websites.Blog domain extensions will be available to all websites starting this year.
- Two New WordPress.com Bloggers on ‘Diving into the Giant Pool of the Blogosphere’Two new bloggers explain how they launched their blog, Attempting Vogue, on WordPress.com a few weeks ago.
- Four Tips From Seasoned BloggersBits of blogging wisdom from recently featured writers on Discover.
- New Themes: Affinity and ShoreditchExplore two new free themes: the single-page announcement-style Affinity and the down-to-business Shoreditch.
- ¿Habla Español? Love Helping Others? Apply to Work with Us!The Happiness Hiring team will visit Spain and Argentina in May and June to encourage Spanish-speaking WordPress enthusiasts to apply to work at Automattic.
- Three WordPressers Making a SplashFrom new books and viral success to high-profile podcasts, bloggers are accomplishing great things every day.
- Field Notes: CMS Africa Summit 2016Six Automatticians recently traveled to Kampala, Uganda, to attend the CMS Africa Summit. Happiness Engineer Marjorie R. Asturias reports back from this memorable event.
- Field Notes: An Event Apart Boston 2016
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,491 hits