“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- New Theme: IxionIxion is a professional theme designed with schools, non-profits, and organizations in mind.
- Your Site, Now in Other Languages: Introducing the Google Translate WidgetIn a single click, translate your site content into 100+ languages.
- Register Now for WordCamp USThe second annual WordCamp US will be held in Philadelphia, PA, on December 2-4. Get your ticket now!
- .blog Domains Are Now Available to Everyone!Millions of new, easy to remember .blog domains are available for your blog, for the first time ever.
- Tips from a Web Designer: On Widgets, Themes, and Essential ToolsMatt Sweeny, a blogger and web and marketing designer in Wisconsin, builds his clients' websites on WordPress.com.
- Applications Open for Early ‘Landrush’ .blog Domains from Nov. 2-9For a limited time you'll have the chance to claim your .blog name before everyone else.
- Field Notes: Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in ComputingAutomattic heads to Houston, Texas — along with 15,000 other people — to talk women in tech.
- Express Yourself with New WordPress Stickers for iOS and iMessageThe newest version of iOS for iPhone and iPad includes the ability to send stickers to your friends with the iMessage apps — and now you can share your love of WordPress with them, too! WordPress World is a free iMessage Sticker app for iOS 10, and it includes your favorite emotive …
- A Faster Mobile Web: WordPress.com Updates for Accelerated Mobile PagesGoogle has brought the ultra-fast AMP pages to its search results -- and WordPress.com users will be ready.
- Registering to Vote in the 2016 US Election Just Got EasierEncourage visitors to your site to make their voices heard with the new HelloVote voter-registration tool.
- New Theme: Ixion
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,555 hits