“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- New Themes: TextBook and DaraIntroducing two new free themes: Dara, a classic, elegant theme for businesses, and TextBook, geared to schools, colleges, and non-profits.
- New WordPress.com for Lightroom Makes Publishing Your Photos EasyOur new Lightroom plugin lets you export direct from Lightroom to WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com in 2016: A Year in ReviewTo those of you who've made 2016 special: thank you.
- Introducing VR and 360° Content for All WordPress.com SitesCreate and publish 360° videos and photos right on your site.
- A Refreshed Reader for 2017Reader now sports a simplified design, new post layouts, spiffed-up tag pages, and recommended posts.
- New Theme: IxionIxion is a professional theme designed with schools, non-profits, and organizations in mind.
- Your Site, Now in Other Languages: Introducing the Google Translate WidgetIn a single click, translate your site content into 100+ languages.
- Register Now for WordCamp USThe second annual WordCamp US will be held in Philadelphia, PA, on December 2-4. Get your ticket now!
- .blog Domains Are Now Available to Everyone!Millions of new, easy to remember .blog domains are available for your blog, for the first time ever.
- Tips from a Web Designer: On Widgets, Themes, and Essential ToolsMatt Sweeny, a blogger and web and marketing designer in Wisconsin, builds his clients' websites on WordPress.com.
- New Themes: TextBook and Dara
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,560 hits