“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- New Theme: LibreLibre brings a stylish, classic look to your personal blog or longform writing site.
- Reinvented Video for WordPressThe next generation VideoPress is here -- powerful, simple video hosting for your blog or website.
- #LoveWins! LGBTQ Bloggers Make Their Voices HeardWe're so proud to provide a platform for all the incredibly talented LGBTQ writers who are advocating for change and sharing their stories on WordPress.com.
- July in Blogging U.: Blogging 101 and 201Need help getting your blog off the ground or getting readers engaged?
- Celebrating 10 Years of WordPress.com & AutomatticThis year marks the 10th birthday of WordPress.com and our parent company, Automattic. We are proud to have served this community of millions: from writers, photographers, artists, and small and large publishers, to business owners and entrepreneurs. A quick bit of history: WordPress itself started as an open source project …
- Early Theme Adopters: GazetteWhether you aim for a minimalist or visually rich site, Gazette is a magazine theme that makes your content shine.
- New Theme: ArgentShowcase your best work with Argent.
- A perfect EFF score! We’re proud to have your back.Concerns about online privacy and illicit government snooping are at the top of users’ minds, now more than ever. We appreciate that you trust us to safeguard your sensitive information on WordPress.com, and Automattic has a long-standing commitment to defending your rights and holding firm against legal bullying and over-reaching government requests. We … […]
- Jenny Diski on Writing, Love, and CancerThe author and essayist reflects on a terminal cancer diagnosis, and all of the conflicted feelings that come with writing about it.
- New Theme: CeraunoBring your site into the spotlight with Cerauno, a free magazine theme.
- New Theme: Libre
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,431 hits