“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- Engineering Happiness en EspañolThe Happiness Hiring team at Automattic continues their effort to build a Spanish-speaking support team.
- Blogging U. for Photography: Developing Your EyeGain confidence behind your camera, and walk away with some great images for your site.
- New Theme: KarunaKaruna is a sleek new business theme for health and wellness-focused sites.
- Customize Your Site’s Footer CreditStarting today, you have greater control over the message at the bottom of your site's pages.
- Two New Blogging U. Courses Available On DemandLearn to make the most of free WordPress.com customizing options, or plan and build your business website.
- Field Notes: Grow Leadership Academy 2016Grow Leadership Academy equips recent South African high school grads with skills for a tight job market.
- Make the Most of Our New SEO Settings PanelTake control of your site and how it appears in search engines.
- Field Notes: SupConf 2016Happiness Engineer Sandy McFadden talks about his experience at the first ever SupConf — a conference for support professionals.
- Field Notes: An Event Apart Boston 2016Design Engineer Mel Choyce shares her experience after attending this empowering event.
- New Theme: RebalanceIntroducing Rebalance, a free theme for photographers, artists, and graphic designers.
- Engineering Happiness en Español
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,514 hits