“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- Social Media Icons WidgetNow adding social media icons to your sidebar is simple and seamless.
- New Theme: CyanotypeMinimal yet colorful, Cyanotype is a brand-new, free theme.
- Keep Connected! Expats and Nomads Blog Around the WorldBlogging helps expats, nomads, and travelers share their stories -- and keep friends and family in the loop.
- Field Notes: Hispanicize 2015Nothing like engineering happiness at the Hispanicize media and entertainment conference in Miami to beat the winter doldrums!
- New Theme: LingonberryIntroducing Lingonberry, a personable blogging theme by Anders Norén.
- Celebrating Poetry, All Month LongIn honor of National Poetry Month, here's a dose of poetry from bloggers across WordPress.com.
- The Business of Freelancing, Blogging, and Books, According to Author Jennifer Armstrong"It’s a great job. But you have to have a specific temperament that’s immune to rejection and loves the hustle."
- Writers’ block? No problem! Introducing AutoMattonHassle-free blogging just got even easier.
- New Themes: Saga and SatellitePresenting two new free themes for your blogging pleasure.
- Press Publish LivestreamWatch Press Publish's first blogging conference for free via livestream.
- Social Media Icons Widget
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,415 hits