“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- New Themes: Apostrophe and CanardIntroducing Apostrophe and Canard, two magazine themes available for free.
- Web Publishing for All! Introducing Community Translator ToolsWe're excited to announce new tools that help make WordPress even more accessible to people around the globe.
- Street Photography: Seven PhotosSeven cities, seven photographs, seven skilled photographers! Join me on a whirlwind world street photography tour.
- Eventbrite Now Available for All of WordPress.comPromoting an event? Take our new Eventbrite features for a spin!
- New Theme: GazetteIntroducing Gazette, a minimalist magazine-style theme available for free.
- New Themes: Nucleare and AfterlightMeet Nucleare and Afterlight, two unique free themes to make your blog stand out.
- All WordPress.com Sites Protected Against Zero Day VulnerabilityAkismet is protecting all WordPress.com sites against the Zero Day XSS vulnerability.
- A Large-Screen Interface and Filters for NotificationsNow, you can filter notifications to see what you want to see, when you want to see it.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Your AccountPlease enable two-factor authentication for your WordPress.com account.
- New Themes: Ecto and CoherentMeet the two newest free themes: Ecto and Coherent, perfect for blogs of all kinds.
- New Themes: Apostrophe and Canard
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,418 hits