“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- New Themes: Affinity and ShoreditchExplore two new free themes: the single-page announcement-style Affinity and the down-to-business Shoreditch.
- ¿Habla Español? Love Helping Others? Apply to Work with Us!The Happiness Hiring team will visit Spain and Argentina in May and June to encourage Spanish-speaking WordPress enthusiasts to apply to work at Automattic.
- Three WordPressers Making a SplashFrom new books and viral success to high-profile podcasts, bloggers are accomplishing great things every day.
- Field Notes: CMS Africa Summit 2016Six Automatticians recently traveled to Kampala, Uganda, to attend the CMS Africa Summit. Happiness Engineer Marjorie R. Asturias reports back from this memorable event.
- New Themes: Rowling and ScratchpadMeet Rowling and Scratchpad, the latest additions to our free theme collection.
- New on WordPress.com: Sharing Buttons for WhatsApp, Telegram, and SkypeNew sharing options from the world's most popular messaging apps.
- HTTPS Everywhere: Encryption for All WordPress.com SitesWe're proud to support a more secure web -- now for all custom domains on WordPress.com.
- Exploring Your Dashboard: Four of Our Favorite ToolsWordPress.com has changed a lot over the past year -- here are some of our favorite new ways to streamline publishing and browsing.
- Get More Readers to Your Business BlogFind out how to improve your blog to attract and retain customers.
- Automattic at CMS Africa SummitWordPress.com developers and Happiness Engineers head to Kampala, Uganda, next week to discuss open source, mobile, and business growth.
- New Themes: Affinity and Shoreditch
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,486 hits