“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- Field Notes: The Codex Hackathon 2016WordPress.com designers and developers took part in a literary hackathon, hosted at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA.
- New Theme: RevelarIntroducing Revelar, the newest addition to our free themes offering.
- Customizing Twenty Sixteen: Four Takes on Our Annual ThemeFrom personal websites to food blogs, Twenty Sixteen offers a pristine canvas for your design touches.
- New Themes: Escutcheon and OrvisIntroducing two dark, minimalist free themes for writers and visual artists.
- “Discover” Great Features You Might Have MissedCheck out Discover -- a new site celebrating the people who use WordPress for wonderful things.
- New Theme: ToujoursIntroducing Toujours, an elegant new theme to help share your big day!
- Three Ways to Refresh Your Website in 2016Don't let your blog become blah. Discover a few simple ways to breathe new life into your website.
- New Theme: CanapéMeet Canapé, a tasty new theme perfect for any food- or drink-related business.
- The 2015 WordPress.com Year In Review!The final numbers and the biggest moments of the year.
- New year, new blog? Start on the right foot.Our popular get-started course, Blogging 101, returns in January. Learn more and register.
- Field Notes: The Codex Hackathon 2016
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,464 hits