“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- Google Fonts: Free Typefaces for Your SiteGoogle Fonts are now available on your blog -- for free!
- WordPressers Making a SplashBloggers are leaving their marks everywhere, online and in print.
- August in Blogging U: Blogging 101Our popular get-started course, Blogging 101, returns in August! Learn more and register.
- New Themes: Libretto, Lovecraft, and PublicationInject some style and sophistication into your blog with our 3 latest free themes.
- Four Food Blogs to Follow NowDinner party menus, illustrated recipes, sumptuous savory delights, and more.
- Reader RefreshReading the blogs and sites you follow just got smoother and faster.
- Heading to BlogHer ’15? So are we!If you'll be at BlogHer's annual conference in New York City this week, we'd love to say hello.
- New Themes: Baskerville and EddaIntroducing two new free themes, Baskerville and Edda.
- Our World Through a Lens: Photography Blogs to Follow NowA collection of photography blogs and websites capturing the richness of our world, one stunning snapshot at a time.
- New Theme: LibreLibre brings a stylish, classic look to your personal blog or longform writing site.
- Google Fonts: Free Typefaces for Your Site
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,431 hits