As a baby boomer, I refuse to get old. Grow older, yes. What’s the alternative ? I’m not ready to leave this world just yet. I still have some miles to go and things to accomplish. But I’m not going to get old. Not me. I am going kicking & screaming all the way. I refuse to give in to the stereotypes or limitations that people perceive are a given. My mind still thinks young, so it’s only the caging around it that has changed.
What age has given me though, is acceptance. I have more acceptance of who I am & others, limitations & all. People are who they are, not who I would like them to be. I’m either okay with that or I’m not. Today, so much of my life is about choices and making good ones for myself.
I have more confidence & self esteem too, because I’ve lived through so much & surprisingly, have survived it all. Sometimes, in spite of myself. I have learned boundaries. I now know what is acceptable and what is not and I’m not afraid to voice that or tell someone their behavior is not okay. It sure takes a long time to grow up and figure all this stuff out. If only I knew then…
These are all valuable lessons I have acquired through living this long. Not that I’m that old, because I’m not, but you don’t get this in your 20’s, 30’s or even 40’s. I guess it’s achieving more wisdom & I don’t see any short cuts for that. You may understand some of this in theory or on an intellectual level when you’re young and I believe I did, but one can only integrate most, if not all this information on a knowing level, by having lived through it. The only way to achieve that is through time-and by living through decades of it.
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Upload Once, Blog Anywhere: Photos from GoogleWouldn't it be great if you could browse, search, and insert photos from your Google account right to your blog posts and pages? Now you can.
- Simpler On-the-Go Publishing: Background Media Uploading for AndroidAdd an image to a post or page, or ten images, or a hundred -- you no longer have to wait around in the editor while your media uploads.
- Add A Simple Payment Button To Your WordPress.com Premium Or Business SiteWith our new PayPal integration, you can start selling in seconds.
- Better Blogging Through Podcasts: Announcing RadioPublic EmbedsWe love podcasts: they’re like the blogging version of radio, a medium anyone can jump into and use to share their story. They introduce us to new voices and give us glimpses into new perspectives… and they pair perfectly with blogs and websites, where they can add more texture and …
- An Updated Login Coming to the WordPress Mobile AppsLogging in to your site should be hassle-free, regardless of which device you're using.
- WordPress.com Business Now Supports Plugins and Third-Party ThemesGet access to email and social media tools, ecommerce, custom themes, and more.
- A Brand New Editor for the WordPress Mobile AppsNow that so many of us carry around tiny pocket-size computers, more and more of our Internet time happens on phones and tablets — not just browsing, but creating. You’ve been asking for a better publishing experience in the WordPress app to make mobile publishing smoother. Today we’re introducing a …
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,753 hits