I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- Boost Visitor Engagement and Grow Your Mailing List with the Mailchimp BlockAdd a newsletter signup form to any post or page on your website so you can stay in touch with visitors and customers.
- Three New WordPress.com Color SchemesWe've launched three new color schemes to customize your WordPress.com dashboard!
- WordPress.com’s Parent Company Announces Happy Tools, a New Suite of Products for the Future of WorkHappy Schedule, our first offering, will help distributed teams manage employee schedules and customer support.
- Electric Literature Moves to WordPress — Here’s How an Indie Publisher Thrives on the Open WebLessons from 10 years of publishing essays and fiction.
- Gender Balance is a Business IssueOn gender balance, diversity, and inclusion at Automattic.
- Join WordPress.com for an International Women’s Day Livestream PanelOn International Women’s Day this Friday, WordPress.com parent company Automattic is hosting four outstanding women tech leaders for a livestreamed conversation about professional advancement, technology, and mutual support as we strive for equity in the workplace. It’s happening Friday, March 8 at 6 pm UTC / 1 pm ET / …
- Free Domain Privacy ProtectionEvery domain registered through WordPress.com includes privacy protection at no extra charge.
- Introducing Six New Business-Oriented ThemesElevate your business website with one of our six new free themes! Calm, sophisticated, friendly, professional, elegant, modern -- find the style that's just right for you.
- Announcing Newspack by WordPress.com — A New Publishing Solution for News OrganizationsWe're teaming up with Google, Lenfest, Civil funder ConsenSys, and Knight to develop a next-generation publishing platform.
- Customize Your WordPress.com DashboardWe’re happy to announce new improvements to your WordPress.com dashboard for a more accessible and customized experience. From your desktop, you can now customize your dashboard by choosing one of our two new color schemes, Classic Bright for a fresh modern feel and Classic Blue as the standard you’ve known …
- Boost Visitor Engagement and Grow Your Mailing List with the Mailchimp Block
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,835 hits