I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- Try Simplenote, Our Fast and Easy-to-Use Notes AppA great note-taking app can help with all kinds of daily routines like taking class notes, writing a shopping list, or jotting down ideas for your next great blog post. At Automattic, we love using Simplenote, which is an easy way to create notes, lists, and more. Our favorite part? It’s …
- New in the WordPress.com Business Plan: Jetpack SearchThe WordPress.com Business plan combines fully managed hosting with the freedom to grow and scale your site without limits. Today we’re adding Jetpack Search to WordPress.com Business so you can enjoy powerful and fast on-site search functionality as part of your plan. Once you activate Jetpack Search, you’ll be …
- Introducing the Simple Payment WidgetTake payments anywhere on your site.
- Introducing: A Diverse, Free Stock Photo LibraryDiversity in visual representation matters.
- Podcasting on WordPress.comWe’ve been updating support for podcasts. Are you ready to try hosting your own?
- Sharing Options from WordPress.com to Facebook Are ChangingStarting August 1, Facebook will no longer allow third-party tools to automatically post to Profiles. Here’s how it affects you.
- Welcome Atavist! A Groundbreaking Publishing Platform Joins the WordPress.com FamilyLooking to the future of storytelling on WordPress.
- Bookmark Posts with Save For LaterNo time to read right now? No problem: save posts for when you do.
- Field Notes: WooCommerce Workshop for WomenThe Happiness Hiring team recently connected with WordPress communities in India and Singapore.
- New Privacy Features and Updated PoliciesWe’re rolling out updates to our privacy features and policies in the coming weeks. You’ll have more control over your personal information and more detail on what information we keep and what we do with it. The updates will also make sure we comply with new privacy laws, and will …
- Try Simplenote, Our Fast and Easy-to-Use Notes App
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,814 hits