I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- Announcing Newspack by WordPress.com — A New Publishing Solution for News OrganizationsWe're teaming up with Google, Lenfest, Civil funder ConsenSys, and Knight to develop a next-generation publishing platform.
- Customize Your WordPress.com DashboardWe’re happy to announce new improvements to your WordPress.com dashboard for a more accessible and customized experience. From your desktop, you can now customize your dashboard by choosing one of our two new color schemes, Classic Bright for a fresh modern feel and Classic Blue as the standard you’ve known …
- Introducing the 2019 ‘Anything Is Possible’ ListWordPress.com's inaugural New Year’s list celebrates the people and organizations who are using the web to make the world a better place.
- New Theme: Twenty NineteenMeet Twenty Nineteen, the brand new WordPress default theme.
- Now Available in the Mobile Apps: Revision HistoryTrack changes and edits from whatever device you're using.
- Announcing Free .blog SubdomainsA great site deserves a great address on the web. Now you can use a free .blog subdomain on WordPress.com.
- WordPress Support Workshops for Women in the Asia-Pacific RegionWe're offering free workshops to encourage women in the Asia-Pacific Region to apply for a career in WordPress Support.
- Setting Up Your Site on a Mobile Device Just Got a Lot EasierNeed help with your new site? Quick Start on iOS and Android can help.
- A New Way to Manage Your Pages on the WordPress Mobile AppsAn update to WordPress for iOS and Android.
- Today is Election Day in the United States. Please Vote!When you’re done casting a ballot, blog about it!
- Announcing Newspack by WordPress.com — A New Publishing Solution for News Organizations
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,831 hits