I should be sleeping but it’s obvious I ‘m not. Instead I feel guilty for ignoring you all week. Oh I know guilt, but rarely feel it anymore. Strange for a girl raised Jewish. We invented guilt. In fact, we taught the Catholics everything we knew, and they ran with it. They were damn good students.
So before I close my eyes, I wanted to remind my readers and myself that I’ve been too serious lately. Now & then, we need a dose of reality to bring us back into the present, but for the most part, I’d rather laugh. I know you would too.
There’s enough heavy shit coming at you from tv, newspapers, social media and email. I can’t tell you how many
Organizations write asking me to contribute to animals causes, human rights issues, or politics.
There must be someone monitoring us closely to find the cause that moves us the most & then sells our name. I wish they cut me in for some of that profit. I am inundated.
So if I’m going to take my time to read something, it either has to provide me the information I’m looking for or make me laugh.
So I promise, my next posts, barring a crisis, will be funny. And with that, I’m saying good-night. I’m up in 5 hours.
- Welcome Atavist! A Groundbreaking Publishing Platform Joins the WordPress.com FamilyLooking to the future of storytelling on WordPress.
- Bookmark Posts with Save For LaterNo time to read right now? No problem: save posts for when you do.
- Field Notes: WooCommerce Workshop for WomenThe Happiness Hiring team recently connected with WordPress communities in India and Singapore.
- New Privacy Features and Updated PoliciesWe’re rolling out updates to our privacy features and policies in the coming weeks. You’ll have more control over your personal information and more detail on what information we keep and what we do with it. The updates will also make sure we comply with new privacy laws, and will …
- Transfer Your Existing Domain to WordPress.comWhy not manage your website and your domain in one place?
- Find the Perfect Image with the Free Photo LibraryYou've got thousands of options to choose from right in your WordPress app.
- A Better Way to Find Your Next Domain NameFind the perfect domain name for your website with improved search and recommendation tools.
- Background Post and Media Uploading with WordPress for iOS 9.8Upload images and media in the background with WordPress for iOS 9.8
- The WordPress Mobile Apps Now Support Right-to-Left LanguagesNo matter what language you use on your site, you should be able to publish from any device.
- New and Improved iOS Sharing ExtensionsLearn how to share content from other apps on your iOS device.
- Welcome Atavist! A Groundbreaking Publishing Platform Joins the WordPress.com Family
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,806 hits