- Gender Balance is a Business IssueOn gender balance, diversity, and inclusion at Automattic.
- Join WordPress.com for an International Women’s Day Livestream PanelOn International Women’s Day this Friday, WordPress.com parent company Automattic is hosting four outstanding women tech leaders for a livestreamed conversation about professional advancement, technology, and mutual support as we strive for equity in the workplace. It’s happening Friday, March 8 at 6 pm UTC / 1 pm ET / …
- Free Domain Privacy ProtectionEvery domain registered through WordPress.com includes privacy protection at no extra charge.
- Introducing Six New Business-Oriented ThemesElevate your business website with one of our six new free themes! Calm, sophisticated, friendly, professional, elegant, modern -- find the style that's just right for you.
- Announcing Newspack by WordPress.com — A New Publishing Solution for News OrganizationsWe're teaming up with Google, Lenfest, Civil funder ConsenSys, and Knight to develop a next-generation publishing platform.
- Customize Your WordPress.com DashboardWe’re happy to announce new improvements to your WordPress.com dashboard for a more accessible and customized experience. From your desktop, you can now customize your dashboard by choosing one of our two new color schemes, Classic Bright for a fresh modern feel and Classic Blue as the standard you’ve known …
- Introducing the 2019 ‘Anything Is Possible’ ListWordPress.com's inaugural New Year’s list celebrates the people and organizations who are using the web to make the world a better place.
- New Theme: Twenty NineteenMeet Twenty Nineteen, the brand new WordPress default theme.
- Now Available in the Mobile Apps: Revision HistoryTrack changes and edits from whatever device you're using.
- Announcing Free .blog SubdomainsA great site deserves a great address on the web. Now you can use a free .blog subdomain on WordPress.com.
- Gender Balance is a Business Issue
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,832 hits
Tag Archives: baby boomers
As a baby boomer, I refuse to get old. Grow older, yes. What’s the alternative ? I’m not ready to leave this world just yet. I still have some miles to go and things to accomplish. But I’m not going … Continue reading