- New Theme: PhotosWe designed our brand-new theme with photographers and photobloggers in mind.
- National Voter Registration Day 2018This election season, we're thrilled to partner with several nonpartisan voting initiatives.
- Try Simplenote, Our Fast and Easy-to-Use Notes AppA great note-taking app can help with all kinds of daily routines like taking class notes, writing a shopping list, or jotting down ideas for your next great blog post. At Automattic, we love using Simplenote, which is an easy way to create notes, lists, and more. Our favorite part? It’s …
- New in the WordPress.com Business Plan: Jetpack SearchThe WordPress.com Business plan combines fully managed hosting with the freedom to grow and scale your site without limits. Today we’re adding Jetpack Search to WordPress.com Business so you can enjoy powerful and fast on-site search functionality as part of your plan. Once you activate Jetpack Search, you’ll be …
- Introducing the Simple Payment WidgetTake payments anywhere on your site.
- Introducing: A Diverse, Free Stock Photo LibraryDiversity in visual representation matters.
- Podcasting on WordPress.comWe’ve been updating support for podcasts. Are you ready to try hosting your own?
- Sharing Options from WordPress.com to Facebook Are ChangingStarting August 1, Facebook will no longer allow third-party tools to automatically post to Profiles. Here’s how it affects you.
- Welcome Atavist! A Groundbreaking Publishing Platform Joins the WordPress.com FamilyLooking to the future of storytelling on WordPress.
- Bookmark Posts with Save For LaterNo time to read right now? No problem: save posts for when you do.
- New Theme: Photos
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,823 hits
Tag Archives: baby boomers
As a baby boomer, I refuse to get old. Grow older, yes. What’s the alternative ? I’m not ready to leave this world just yet. I still have some miles to go and things to accomplish. But I’m not going … Continue reading