I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- Updated Signup and Site Creation on Mobile DevicesSignup and create your new site from the bus, the café, or the couch with your Android or iOS device.
- Manage Plugins in the WordPress Mobile AppsPlugins add powerful features to your site. Now you can access them right from your mobile device.
- Keep Track of Your Conversations in One PlaceYou can now stay on top of the discussions you care about, right from your Reader.
- The WordPress.com Year in Review (and Resolutions for 2018)It was quite a year for the WordPress.com community, and we've got a lot to look forward to.
- Managing Your Blog On a Mobile DeviceA few enhancements we've added to the iOS and Android apps for easier blogging.
- New Premium Themes: Small Business and Photo BlogIntroducing two new premium themes: Small Business, made for your entrepreneurial endeavors, and Photo Blog, designed to make your photography shine.
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Updated Signup and Site Creation on Mobile Devices
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,768 hits