I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- Add A Simple Payment Button To Your WordPress.com Premium Or Business SiteWith our new PayPal integration, you can start selling in seconds.
- Better Blogging Through Podcasts: Announcing RadioPublic EmbedsWe love podcasts: they’re like the blogging version of radio, a medium anyone can jump into and use to share their story. They introduce us to new voices and give us glimpses into new perspectives… and they pair perfectly with blogs and websites, where they can add more texture and …
- An Updated Login Coming to the WordPress Mobile AppsLogging in to your site should be hassle-free, regardless of which device you're using.
- WordPress.com Business Now Supports Plugins and Third-Party ThemesGet access to email and social media tools, ecommerce, custom themes, and more.
- A Brand New Editor for the WordPress Mobile AppsNow that so many of us carry around tiny pocket-size computers, more and more of our Internet time happens on phones and tablets — not just browsing, but creating. You’ve been asking for a better publishing experience in the WordPress app to make mobile publishing smoother. Today we’re introducing a …
- You Can Now Schedule Your Social Media Posts from WordPress.comTake a look at the new Advanced Social Media feature for Premium and Business plan users.
- WordPress.com Teams Up with Rebrand Cities to Bring Local Businesses OnlineInside our plan to work with 10,000 small businesses.
- Join Us in the Fight for Net NeutralityThe free and open internet depends on Net Neutrality. Join us in the fight to preserve it on July 12.
- WordPress.com Gets a Perfect Score from the EFF for Digital Privacy RightsThe Electronic Frontier Foundation has released its annual 'Who Has Your Back' report.
- The Best of WordPress.com: Summer EditionThis month: Tips for WordPress.com bloggers, a new Social Icons Widget, and Haruki Murakami’s advice to young writers.
- Add A Simple Payment Button To Your WordPress.com Premium Or Business Site
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,736 hits