I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- The Block Editor is Now Supported on the WordPress Native AppsThe block editor allows for a smoother drafting experience - now possible on any screen size.
- Power Users Rejoice: You've Got SFTP and Database AccessThree new hosting management tools give you direct access to your site’s files and data.
- New Theme: Twenty TwentyMeet Twenty Twenty, the brand new WordPress default theme.
- PHP 7.4 Just Came Out, and So Did Our PHP Version SwitcherIf your site is on the Business or eCommerce plan, you can switch to the newest version of PHP today.
- A New Way to Earn Money on WordPress.comWith Recurring Payments, your supporters become your sustainers, and a reliable income stream frees you to push your creative boundaries.
- Join us in a Digital Climate StrikeThis September, millions will take to the streets to demand an end to the age of fossil fuels. Show your solidarity by displaying a digital climate strike banner for the month.
- WordPress.com and Fiverr Partner to Launch “WordPress.com Fundamentals” CourseLooking for a step-by-step video course on how to build a website? We've got you covered.
- When Experienced Women Engineers Look for New Jobs, They Prioritize Trust and GrowthAutomattic, WordPress.com's parent company, set out to learn how to boost applications from women and non-binary developers.
- The Second Edition of Our “Learn User Support” Workshop Is Open for SignupsStarting August 19, we'll offer another virtual course for women interested in a technical-support career.
- Four New WordPress.com Color SchemesWe’ve added four new color schemes to customize your WordPress.com dashboard!
- The Block Editor is Now Supported on the WordPress Native Apps
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,871 hits