What keeps me up ? My next step in life & how I’m going to get there. What steps do I need to take ?
And nothing will get my attention faster than pain, whether it’s psychological or physical. Thoughts are more provoking. They keep me awake more- they’re harder for me to shake
I know this- in many ways, my psyche has become more delicate over the years. I can’t talk to anyone for at least an hour before bedtime. Watching tv, even mindless shows ( which most are today anyway) or being on my computer all do the same thing. They stimulate me and I get all wound up like a little kid, then can’t fall asleep.
The worst offender of all, is either reading, listening to or watching a piece about injustice or unkindness, especially to animals.
I once unknowingly, watched no more than a graphic 10 seconds on this sick bastard who was a trainer in Tennessee and abused the sweet Tennessee Walking horse to get their gait up to win competitions. May he have a miserable rest of his life. Sorry, but I have little mercy for Hitler attitudes, whether with people or animals. He was exposed on Night-line.
The next day I had a 40 minute conversation with the D.A. there & I started a petition for the governor to make stringent laws regarding these cruel practices on Change.org. Nothing seems to get me more than cruelty to animals.
Well, cruelty to the elderly, children and vulnerable are pretty bad too. After that piece, it took a few nights for me to fall asleep without those images dominating my thoughts when I closed my eyes . I can’t watch that stuff. I can’t take in those visions. I think I am too empathic.
I pick up a book. It could be poetry, self help or non-fiction. Sometimes, immersing oneself in a good fantasy is a calming force. Reading is the drug that quiets me & stills my mind long enough to relax. So I try to keep a book next to my bed. It’s a great thing to get lost in a story. There are also no side effects or residue either. It’s the best sleep I know.
- Manage Plugins in the WordPress Mobile AppsPlugins add powerful features to your site. Now you can access them right from your mobile device.
- Keep Track of Your Conversations in One PlaceYou can now stay on top of the discussions you care about, right from your Reader.
- The WordPress.com Year in Review (and Resolutions for 2018)It was quite a year for the WordPress.com community, and we've got a lot to look forward to.
- Managing Your Blog On a Mobile DeviceA few enhancements we've added to the iOS and Android apps for easier blogging.
- New Premium Themes: Small Business and Photo BlogIntroducing two new premium themes: Small Business, made for your entrepreneurial endeavors, and Photo Blog, designed to make your photography shine.
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Upload Once, Blog Anywhere: Photos from GoogleWouldn't it be great if you could browse, search, and insert photos from your Google account right to your blog posts and pages? Now you can.
- Manage Plugins in the WordPress Mobile Apps
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,766 hits