I’ve studied Law of Attraction (L.O.A.) for several years now, although we all do, even if it’s unconscious. Basically, it’s the ancient premise that you will reap what you sow. In L.O.A. terms, it’s whatever vibration you put out to the universe, positive or negative, will come back to you. When I first listened to one of the recordings, they talked of contrast. Someone said, why not just put out a buffet of all good things? The answer was because after a while, there will be nothing better. I admit, I wouldn’t mind that beautiful smorgasbord for a little while anyway. Let me just taste all good. For a limited time offer. Okay, it’s not going to happen. I know.
But.. is the opposite factor always necessary ? It seems life rolls that way. If you don’t suffer pain, how can you appreciate joy ? If you don’t experience difficulty, how do you revel in the easier times ? If you never have loss, how does your heart know how to feel full ? If there’s no hunger, how would you know when to eat ? When someone utters unkind words, don’t you want sensitive and gentle ones ? If you have never loved, how would you know to crave that again ? And maybe do it better this time.
I think we live in a world of opposites or contrast. And that is to strive for better and delete the people, behavior, patterns and experiences that don’t work and hold you back from being the best you possible. Life is all about transition. Nothing stays the same, no matter how much we may want it to. Our world, the planet, circumstances are always changing and force us to adapt or not. Ultimately, most of want a life filled with richness, fullness and love.
A good friend of mine has always gone with the flow of life. If you know L.O.A. he is what you might view as having always gone downstream with the river. He has never turned back to fight the current, not since I’ve known him anyway. Years ago, he was supposed to be move out of his home within 2 weeks and hadn’t found a new place. I asked him, “Aren’t you worried you’re going to get stuck?” He said, “No.” without a flinch. And then he found a great place a week later.
Someone told me that the pain is in the resistance to change, not the change itself. I try to hang on to that when I’m in the midst of turmoil, upheaval and transition. Too often, I forget and that’s a loss of faith on my part. It seems a lot easier to think about all this objectively when you’re not in the struggle. Easy to tell yourself that next time you’re going to adopt this attitude so this challenge will be easier to move through. And then you get hit with something out of nowhere and you forget everything.
I’m going to start posting notes in all the obvious places of my home, so when I’m caught off guard, I have reminders. What I do need to remember, is that so far I’ve lived through it all even during those times when I thought I wouldn’t be able to bare one more day. I’m still here. I’m still alive and breathing. I’m still trying. I’m still reflective to see what I can change in myself. And almost always, when you imagine the worst, it doesn’t come. The ending is often so very different from the one you wrote.
- Publishing to WordPress from Bear Just Got BetterSharing is a core part of the iOS experience, and WordPress is committed to helping people share their stories, products, or services freely and widely. So when the fine folks at Shiny Frog—makers of the excellent writing app Bear—asked for an easier way turn Bear notes into WordPress posts, we …
- Boost Visitor Engagement and Grow Your Mailing List with the Mailchimp BlockAdd a newsletter signup form to any post or page on your website so you can stay in touch with visitors and customers.
- Three New WordPress.com Color SchemesWe've launched three new color schemes to customize your WordPress.com dashboard!
- WordPress.com’s Parent Company Announces Happy Tools, a New Suite of Products for the Future of WorkHappy Schedule, our first offering, will help distributed teams manage employee schedules and customer support.
- Electric Literature Moves to WordPress — Here’s How an Indie Publisher Thrives on the Open WebLessons from 10 years of publishing essays and fiction.
- Gender Balance is a Business IssueOn gender balance, diversity, and inclusion at Automattic.
- Join WordPress.com for an International Women’s Day Livestream PanelOn International Women’s Day this Friday, WordPress.com parent company Automattic is hosting four outstanding women tech leaders for a livestreamed conversation about professional advancement, technology, and mutual support as we strive for equity in the workplace. It’s happening Friday, March 8 at 6 pm UTC / 1 pm ET / …
- Free Domain Privacy ProtectionEvery domain registered through WordPress.com includes privacy protection at no extra charge.
- Introducing Six New Business-Oriented ThemesElevate your business website with one of our six new free themes! Calm, sophisticated, friendly, professional, elegant, modern -- find the style that's just right for you.
- Announcing Newspack by WordPress.com — A New Publishing Solution for News OrganizationsWe're teaming up with Google, Lenfest, Civil funder ConsenSys, and Knight to develop a next-generation publishing platform.
- Publishing to WordPress from Bear Just Got Better
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,838 hits