I bet you can’t either. I can’t wait until this damn election is over. I’m sure all of us are drained from this ongoing political spectacle. The amount of attention and money spent on these campaigns are shameful. Think of all the people this money could have helped.
Paid off mortgages, bought people homes, established a basis for rebuilding our infrastructure or expanding research on clean energy to put people back to work. But to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on ads, for campaigning ? Unlimited amounts of money.
Oh and no disclosure or transparency on who the donors are. How very convenient. We can thank the supreme court for this. I find this despicable and a conflict of interest. We might as well say, that corporation or person, just bought that vote. That politician is now owned and payback is inevitable. Is anyone still working for us, the American people ?
So again, I am hopeful about the country and hope we get the right man. But honestly ? I just can’t wait till Wednesday.
- An All-New Media Library for the WordPress iOS AppShare your images, video, and other media with the world.
- New Theme: AltoFocusMeet AltoFocus: an elegant, minimal theme designed for artists, photobloggers, and other creatives.
- The Best of WordPress.com in May
- Launching: All New Media Picker for Android
- Inclusive Illustrations, By Design
- The Best of WordPress.com in April
- Independent Publisher 2 Is HereA beloved WordPress.com theme, improved for simplicity and speed.
- New Theme: Twenty SeventeenMeet Twenty Seventeen, the brand new WordPress default theme.
- A New WordPress App Update, Designed for the iPadWe’ve redesigned the iOS app to work even better for publishing right from your tablet.
- Unlimited Premium Themes Now Included in the Premium PlanYou just got more than 200 new theme options from some of the best theme creators in the business.
- An All-New Media Library for the WordPress iOS App
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,576 hits