Mayor Bloomberg did the right thing. Finally. The marathon has been cancelled. I’m sure all the runners and their families, who already came in for it, are very happy. I’m being facetious. Where was he on Tuesday, Wednesday, even yesterday ?
So many people were pissed off about this- including me. Take care of your own first. This was no time to strain the already stressed and over worked police force, utility workers and other people trying to help. People don’t have clean drinking water or food. They don’t have heat or lights. Runners should only have access to all these services, after the taxpaying residents do.
Someone who was a N.Y.C. marathon runner, responded to a comment on my last post by saying, if Halloween can can get re-scheduled and little kids can deal with it, then not having a marathon shouldn’t be too hard on a runner.
When the city decides to have the marathon, I am convinced, without question, that the runners will be back. They probably have more stake in it than the city.
So, thank you Mayor, from the majority of us. Put the resources where they are most needed. And that is to the great people of New York, one of the best cities in the world.
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Upload Once, Blog Anywhere: Photos from GoogleWouldn't it be great if you could browse, search, and insert photos from your Google account right to your blog posts and pages? Now you can.
- Simpler On-the-Go Publishing: Background Media Uploading for AndroidAdd an image to a post or page, or ten images, or a hundred -- you no longer have to wait around in the editor while your media uploads.
- Add A Simple Payment Button To Your WordPress.com Premium Or Business SiteWith our new PayPal integration, you can start selling in seconds.
- Better Blogging Through Podcasts: Announcing RadioPublic EmbedsWe love podcasts: they’re like the blogging version of radio, a medium anyone can jump into and use to share their story. They introduce us to new voices and give us glimpses into new perspectives… and they pair perfectly with blogs and websites, where they can add more texture and …
- An Updated Login Coming to the WordPress Mobile AppsLogging in to your site should be hassle-free, regardless of which device you're using.
- The WordPress.com Business Plan Now Supports Plugins and Third-Party ThemesGet access to email and social media tools, ecommerce, custom themes, and more.
- A Brand New Editor for the WordPress Mobile AppsNow that so many of us carry around tiny pocket-size computers, more and more of our Internet time happens on phones and tablets — not just browsing, but creating. You’ve been asking for a better publishing experience in the WordPress app to make mobile publishing smoother. Today we’re introducing a …
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,757 hits