The debates are over. There is something seriously wrong with a country that has to spend billions, yes I heard billions, to run a campaign.
We should take a lesson from England. NO political ads on tv. Now it’s wait and see. Two weeks. I don’t think this country has ever been more divided and I blame Washington for this. They have worked at creating an adversarial environment.
We all vote for the issues most important to us. What I don’t get, is how some people I know, who claim certain rights and issues are important to them, still support their candidate even if they oppose them.
Are they voting the party or the relevant issues ? How committed are they to these so-called important issues ? The worst excuse I’ve heard is ” Oh, that just won’t happen.” and I say, “really?” Our next President might choose the next supreme court justice (s) and if it’s a tie breaker for conservatives, those so-called “won’t happen,” will. So I hope they think of this on election day. My feeling is they probably won’t. It’s so much easier to blind ourselves into delusion. May the best man (for our country, not party) win.
I’ll be glad when it ‘s over, along with millions of others. There’s lots of work to do and it’s time we all got back there.
- Updated Signup and Site Creation on Mobile DevicesSignup and create your new site from the bus, the café, or the couch with your Android or iOS device.
- Manage Plugins in the WordPress Mobile AppsPlugins add powerful features to your site. Now you can access them right from your mobile device.
- Keep Track of Your Conversations in One PlaceYou can now stay on top of the discussions you care about, right from your Reader.
- The WordPress.com Year in Review (and Resolutions for 2018)It was quite a year for the WordPress.com community, and we've got a lot to look forward to.
- Managing Your Blog On a Mobile DeviceA few enhancements we've added to the iOS and Android apps for easier blogging.
- New Premium Themes: Small Business and Photo BlogIntroducing two new premium themes: Small Business, made for your entrepreneurial endeavors, and Photo Blog, designed to make your photography shine.
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Updated Signup and Site Creation on Mobile Devices
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,768 hits