I have tried 2 other times, actually now my 5th time, to write a post from my iPhone. All updates disappeared. So much for the wonders of this over-rated instrument. I don’t like it, but that’s another post.
When I woke this morning, I heard a few birds, the stoic ones that tough it out over Winter and then there was nothing but quiet.
I live in a beautiful area. It is on the outer Cape of Cape Cod, Ma. For 6 months, it’s busy and touristy. People are happy but the energy feels frenetic to me. Perhaps an immediate rush of over-stimulation from off-season.
The wildlife and environment become muted and over-shadowed by the sudden influx of people and activity.
They are gone now, so this is when I exhale. Crowds have thinned to mostly week-end home owners, looking for a respite. Nature has resumed.
Foxes have come out of hiding & roam freely between gardens for food. They like mine. I have plenty of voles or moles, I never know which ones they are but they’re obviously good, because I have a few regulars who appear well fed.
The light has changed & ironically with that, come magnificent sunsets. I have pictures where people are convinced they were photo shopped. They weren’t. They’re just that stunning.
So this is the best time for me to write. When it’s quiet and I can walk to the beach and stand alone between the wind and salty air.
It is a reflective time. There’s something about a shorter day that makes me feel more insular. I go inside and become more introspective. As if I don’t think enough.
When I would climb into bed with my husband and his eyes would begin to close, I seemed to come alive. Once my head hit the pillow, I became still enough to process the day. An idea or thought would float by, so I would sit up on my elbows, look at him and say, “You know, I was thinking.” He would look back at me with a particular facial expression that said, here it comes. He knew me, and responded with, ” You always are.”
I look at it this way. Years ago, there was a great tv commercial during the big anti-drug campaign. It ran on a regular basis and the punchline said, ” A mind is a terrible thing to waste.” To date, I have nothing to worry about.
Oh iPhone, don’t disappoint me on this final attempt. Publish my post this time. As another famous ad says, ” Just do it.”
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.comManage, upload, and edit your profile photo at wordpress.com/me.
- A New Media Picker for the iOS WordPress AppSometimes it’s the extra touches that make all the difference; on your website, that’s the photos and video that give your content life. You asked for streamlined access to your media library and the camera and photos on your device, to make uploading and inserting photos and videos easier. We …
- New Theme: Radcliffe 2Introducing a business-focused twist on a classic WordPress theme.
- Upload Once, Blog Anywhere: Photos from GoogleWouldn't it be great if you could browse, search, and insert photos from your Google account right to your blog posts and pages? Now you can.
- Simpler On-the-Go Publishing: Background Media Uploading for AndroidAdd an image to a post or page, or ten images, or a hundred -- you no longer have to wait around in the editor while your media uploads.
- Add A Simple Payment Button To Your WordPress.com Premium Or Business SiteWith our new PayPal integration, you can start selling in seconds.
- Better Blogging Through Podcasts: Announcing RadioPublic EmbedsWe love podcasts: they’re like the blogging version of radio, a medium anyone can jump into and use to share their story. They introduce us to new voices and give us glimpses into new perspectives… and they pair perfectly with blogs and websites, where they can add more texture and …
- An Updated Login Coming to the WordPress Mobile AppsLogging in to your site should be hassle-free, regardless of which device you're using.
- The WordPress.com Business Plan Now Supports Plugins and Third-Party ThemesGet access to email and social media tools, ecommerce, custom themes, and more.
- A Brand New Editor for the WordPress Mobile AppsNow that so many of us carry around tiny pocket-size computers, more and more of our Internet time happens on phones and tablets — not just browsing, but creating. You’ve been asking for a better publishing experience in the WordPress app to make mobile publishing smoother. Today we’re introducing a …
- Update Your Avatar on WordPress.com
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,757 hits