“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- Longreads’ Best of WordPress, Vol. 2Here’s the second edition of Longreads’ Best of WordPress! We’ve combed through the internet to put together a reading list of some of the best storytelling being published on WordPress. (You can find Vol. 1 here.) As a reminder: If you read or publish a story on WordPress that’s over …
- Just Pressed: New Books by Authors on WordPress.comFrom a comic diary to a collection of essays on culture and belonging, the most recent published works by WordPress.com authors are great additions to your bookshelf.
- Heading to BlogHer ’14 next week? So are we!BlogHer 2014, the 10th anniversary celebration of the popular women's blogging network, kicks off next Thursday, July 24th in San Jose, California. There's still time to register, and we hope you do -- we'll be there, too!
- Attention, Writers: The Next Blogging U. Challenge Is HereWriting 201, which starts next Monday, July 21st, will help bloggers develop their storytelling and self-editing skills.
- Street Art: Around the World in Eight PhotosTour the colorful street art of the world found on WordPress.com, right from your seat.
- New Themes: Adaption and IsolaAdaption and Isola are two great new free themes that keep your content looking good, no matter what device your readers use.
- Early Theme Adopters: Worldview, Collective, and AltoIn our Early Theme Adopters series, we focus on bloggers creating great sites with recent additions to the Theme Showcase. Today, let’s visit sites using Alto, Collective, and Worldview, three themes launched together a few months ago.
- Field Notes: European Beer Bloggers ConferenceWe recently sponsored the fourth European Beer Blogging Conference in Dublin, Ireland. WordPress.com editor Ben Huberman reports back on this hopping community.
- New Theme: Big BrotherBig Brother's bold colors and strong type will represent your business or organization with sophistication and panache.
- Themes for Longform WritersA sampling of themes for bloggers writing #longreads, authors publishing material, and others who focus on longer articles.
- Longreads’ Best of WordPress, Vol. 2
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,352 hits