“Take into account, that great love and great achievement involve great risk.”
Dalai Lama .
So what are you willing to risk today ?
- New Theme: GoranAnnouncing Goran, a new free business theme available for WordPress.com sites!
- Projects Around the WorldPeople who publish on WordPress.com are active around the world: following their passions, telling important stories, and helping others.
- Ferguson: Ten Bloggers Speak OutIn the days since Michael Brown's shooting, bloggers have taken to their sites to share their thoughts on race, violence, media, and more.
- Early Theme Adopters: IsolaIn our Early Theme Adopters series, we focus on bloggers creating great sites with recent additions to the Theme Showcase. A month after its release, we revisit Isola, a free minimalist theme.
- Ten Illustrators To Follow NowWelcome to the whimsical world of illustration on WordPress.com.
- New Theme: SketchWhether you're a professional illustrator, an aspiring photographer, or a painter, Sketch will ensure your portfolio looks stunning.
- Longreads’ Best of WordPress, Vol. 310 of our favorite stories from across all of WordPress.
- Field Notes: BlogHer ’14I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats. I'd spend a weekend at BlogHer again and again!
- New Theme: CelsiusClear out the clutter and let your content speak for itself with our new theme, Celsius.
- Introducing: Comment LikesYou can now show commenters some love with our new feature.
- New Theme: Goran
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- 4,360 hits