I recently read that you learn how to love from what you saw & how you were raised. In other words, you were taught how to love through example, when growing up.
So that’s why most of the population is in deep shit. What kind of role models did we have ? Two people on their own can be wonderful loving people. Sometimes though together, they can establish poor relational skills & the dynamics can be horrendous.
This is who you’ll emulate. You’ll undoubtedly choose a partner so similar to everything you don’t like & swore not to become, that almost inherently, you will recreate the same scenario, often being the last to know you did so .
There are a few people I know who somehow got it. They figured it out young or sometimes later, but nonetheless, they did it differently. They married someone with qualities and a personality foreign to them. They set up a whole different dynamic. They were conscious. Very Lucky for them, I say.
It’s taken me a long time to figure all this out. To see the unhealthy pattern or behaviors I had assumed was the norm. I guess for me it was. But no longer .
Everything I knew had to be rewired, reworked, rebuked. Today when I enter a new relationship, that’s friends and romantic, I go it with an open eye & clear mind.
If a red flag goes up, I pay attention, close attention . If a second one comes to light, I start moving away & participating at a distance. When a 3rd rolls towards me, I toss it back & say goodbye. There’s no more room in my life for negative, abrasive or insensitive people. I wish them well with their life. I just know I don’t want to be in it. I don’t want drama, crisis, chaos or crazy. Today I want peace. And with today’s pace that’s a full time job. My application is in. Now I’m waiting for the call.
- Make Your Blog More Dynamic with a SliderWant your blog to be more eye-catching? Get things moving with a sleek post slider.
- New Themes: Sixteen Nine, The Writer, Broadsheet, WeddingFrom personal blogs to wedding sites, this week's crop of new themes has something for everyone.
- Announcing New Embed Support for Getty ImagesGetty Images' vast library of award-winning professional photographs and illustrations is now at the disposal of every WordPress.com blogger.
- Born in Texas: South By Southwest 2014 Is Here!Are you heading to Austin over the next few days? Come say "Howdy" at one of our SXSW events.
- WordPressers Making a Splash: March EditionFrom behind the scenes at the TSA, to book deals, to captivating illustrations and fascinating musical analysis, WordPress.com bloggers are making their mark on the world.
- Early Theme Adopters: SyntaxWe release beautiful new themes every week. In our Early Theme Adopters series, we focus on bloggers who are using the most recent additions to our Theme Showcase. Today, let's visit some of the first blogs to have made Syntax, a striking, minimalist theme, their own.
- WordPress.com by the Numbers: The February Hot ListFebruary was another eventful month at WordPress.com. Here's the lowdown on what we've all been up to.
- Monday Morning EditionIn case you missed it, a quick recap of the past week on WordPress.com.
- And… Action: Blogs to Visit ahead of the OscarsIf you're looking for some movie-inspired blogging ahead of Oscar Night, you've come to the right place.
- New Themes: Circa and QuadraToday we’re happy to announce two new free themes, Circa and Quadra! If these two look familiar, there’s good reason. Based on Hexa, they share a similar design, but with unique colors and fonts. Both themes work beautifully with Post Formats and are designed to focus on your content, tucking …
- Make Your Blog More Dynamic with a Slider
- 4,181 hits
First and foremost, I'm a baby boomer and damn proud of it. The ones reading this post survived. Some didn't..We are the generation that crashed through barriers, broke through the norm and made our own rules. We paved the way for others to follow their bliss. One of the largest breakthroughs was probably equal rights and opportunities for women. Thank you Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan. We burned our bras, well, most of us did. We marched against politics we didn't believe in, staged protests not knowing we could easily be silenced by a bullet, experimented with drugs, meditation and guru's. We traveled with backpacks across the country and throughout the world..We had a voice. We had a choice. We had a mission. We had freedom and we were united. I am a writer, traveler, explorer, observer and participant in life. I am part of the expansion of baby boomers who still believe in the original message of peace and love. Take this journey.with me. Who knows where it will take us next ?
- Follow aboomersvoice on WordPress.com
aboomersvoice on An Epiphany The Writing Waters B… on An Epiphany The Writing Waters B… on So, what’s Your Sexual P… aboomersvoice on A Quote for Thought aboomersvoice on A Quote for Thought